Our mission is to deliver optimal rehabilitative care to patients with stroke through a patient and family-centered program that is collaborative, evidence-based, and outcomes-oriented in order to:
- Provide superior and compassionate patient care.
- Be the provider of choice for comprehensive inpatient stroke rehabilitation and a global leader in stroke rehabilitation.
- Become and remain a national leader in stroke rehabilitation education.
- Become a premier center of stroke rehabilitation research.
- Promote the UMHS PM&R departmental core values of Respect, Leadership, Collaboration, Sustainability, Innovation, Excellence, and Advocacy.
To be a global leader in acute stroke rehabilitation patient care, education, and research. As part of that vision, we are currently seeking disease-specific care certification through the Joint Commission.
The Executive Committee provides institutional perspective and programmatic guidance to the Administrative Team, ensuring that the Stroke Rehabilitation Program activities and objectives and aligned with institutional initiatives and priorities.
- Ed Hurvitz, MD; Dept of PM&R,Chair
- Linda Grosh, MHSA; Dept of PM&R, CDA
- Edmund Chadd, MD; Medical Director of Acute Rehabilitation
- Francene Lundy, MS, RN, NE-BC; Director of Patient Care Services
- Edward (Ted) Claflin, MD; Medical Director of Stroke Rehabilitation Program
- Jenevra Foley; Operations Director, Stroke Rehabilitation Program and Comprehensive Stroke Center Program
The Administrative Team oversees and directs activities related to the development, coordination, implementation, and certification of the Stroke Rehabilitation Program. Most importantly, the team implements the Program’s objective of continuous quality improvement to ensure that patients are receiving best in class stroke rehabilitation while in our care.
- Edward (Ted) Claflin, MD; Medical Director
- Jenevra Foley; Operations Director
- Rob Ferguson, MHS, OTRL; Program Manager
- Christy Richard, BSN,RN; Nurse Liaison
- Alison Spork, MHSA; Project Manager
Staff Educational Resources
Stroke Rehab Clinical Practice Guidelines
Core Performance Measures
- Acute Transfers Cumulative (2016)
- Home vs Other Discharges (through July 2016)
- FIM and Patient Experience
Contact Infortmation for Patient Complaints/Concerns
Nursing Clinical Practice Guidelines for Adult Stroke