The University of Michigan Health System Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Division is proud to offer a comprehensive hand therapy residency program. This fellowship program is designed to provide occupational and physical therapists with the advanced knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the field of hand therapy.
Our program curriculum is designed to provide mentoring, hands-on experience and educational opportunities available in a progressive high paced teaching atmosphere.
Candidates can expect a challenging clinical and educational environment at one of the countries top hospitals.
The nine-month fellowship will include comprehensive evaluations, clinical reasoning, UE anatomy, formal competencies, splinting, treatment planning and implementation.
- This fellowship will be 40 hours/week for nine months.
- Candidate may work at variety of different sites including: University Hospital, MedRehab - Briarwood and Ortho/Plastics Hand Surgery Clinics to see a variety of patient populations with upper quadrant injuries.
- There are multiple opportunities for continuing education throughout the Health System.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy program.
- All candidates must have a current State of Michigan license or registration or be eligible to attain a license or registration prior to the initiation of the fellowship. International candidates may inquire.
- Occupational Therapists must have current NBCOT certification.
- Candidates must provide selection committee with references from fieldwork supervisors and/or clinical practice supervisor.
- A minimum of one year of clinical practice following graduation and credentialing preferred.
- Membership in the following state and/or national organizations preferred:
- Michigan Occupational Therapy Association (MiOTA)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- American Society of Hand Therapy (ASHT)
Hand Residency Brochure (PDF)
For More Information, Please Contact:
Carole Dodge, OTR/L, CHT
Allied Health Supervisor/Clinical Specialist Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Occupational Therapy
Burlington Bldg., 3rd Fl.
325 E. Eisenhower Pkwy., SPC 5744
Ann Arbor, MI 48108