We are one of only 14 U.S. institutions to be selected as a Spinal Cord Injury Model System by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), and are part of the University of Michigan Health System's Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Research many different aspects of spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Inform people with SCI, their families, the general public and professionals about SCI through our lecture series, our Web site and our publications.
- Provide state-of-the-art services for people with spinal cord injuries during their initial hospitalization -- and continuing care after discharge -- working in conjunction with the University of Michigan Health System.
- Work in collaboration with the Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living to support people with disabilities in continuing to live as fully as possible in the community.
- Denise Tate, Ph.D., ABPP, FACRM
- Anthony Chiodo, M.D.
We are now on Social Media - click here for more information.