Maize Drive Access
The Maize drive is a shared storage option open to the entire university and health system. To request access for yourself or your staff to an existing folder or need to create a new one, send an email to Claire Kalpakjian ( or Anita Liberman-Lampear (

To request access to Maize drive folders (either to create a new folder or add someone to an existing folder), email either Claire Kalpakjian ( or Anita Liberman-Lampear ( MSIS will not approve any requests without our approval so save a step and ask us directly!

To access and sign into M+Box  
Classes to learn M+Box  


Reserving Research Rooms – Burlington
Contact Beth Theros to check availability and to reserve Research rooms at Burlington.

When sending out a meeting request using Outlook, click on Scheduling Assistant, and at the bottom of the screen will be an option to Add Room.  Scroll down till you see CONF-BRL.  There are 2 options:  CONF-BRL-2015 (large room on 2nd floor) or CONF-BRL-3070 (room on 3rd floor). Click on the room you would like to reserve to see if it is available.  Double click to add to your meeting request if it is available, which will reserve the room.

Reserving Conference Rooms – NCRC
Sign into SchedulON at you can request an account if you do not have one already.  Click on Book a Space and fill out required information and click on Find Space.  If a room is available, click on the Add button (+) next to the room number and then click Continue.  Fill out the required information and click on Submit.

Conference Calls
To set up phone or web conference, go to Bluejeans and login with your Level 1 password and start scheduling!

Business Vehicle Pass
Faculty and staff traveling to campus from BRL can request to use the business vehicle pass. This can be requested from Vanessa David.

Facilities and Maintenance Requests
Building repairs and maintenance issues, email Beth Theros at  Please include building room number, and type of repair/issue that needs to be addressed.  If this is urgent and you believe damage to equipment, furniture or harm may come to staff/visitors, call 734-747-6000 to reach the landlord - Oxford Companies.  If danger is imminent - call 911 and report your location.

Fire and Safety
drills are conducted in October and may or may not be announced in advance.  Your role will include the following:

  • If you are new to the building, please familiarize yourself with the fire extinguishers and fire pull alarm stations nearest to your area
  • assisting patients to the nearest stairwell (look for exit signs)
  • evacuate your area, including bathrooms, treatment rooms, staff offices
  • close door
  • leave the building and proceed to the safe meeting place - across the street and towards the parking lot or on the north end of the building past the recycle dumpster
  • if you know that a person is stranded in the building, such as people in wheelchairs or who use a walker or someone who cannot use the stairs because of physical ailments -  report their location to the rescue personnel immediately
  • Wait for the All-Clear alert by the Fire Department before re-entering the building

Procedure and differences between Fire, Tornado at different buildings

  • Severe weather watch - listen to the radio or read alerts on your cell phone or computer.  A WATCH means there is a fair chance that severe weather is approaching. If you feel uncomfortable, take cover.  If you feel you can safely continue treating patients or doing your work, continue to do so.
  • Severe Weather Warning - means that you should take cover (CHECK THIS OUT for better wording of this section)
  • Tornado Watch - means conditions are favorable
  • Tornado Warning - means you should immediately take cover on the lowest level of the building or in a stairwell

The Joint Commission (TJC)  visits

  • link to the yellow book
  • Surveyors will inspect our building, interview patients/staff, ask questions about a variety of topics such as Infection control, sterilization
  • link to the TJC website with instructions and information
  • Badge access to various buildings
  • If you need card reader access to a building that you have business in, contact Beth Theros at or call her at 615-8030.  Include your employee ID number.  Access is usually granted within an hour of the request being submitted
  • After Hours Access
  • If you have a business related need to enter a building after hours, email or call Beth Theros to gain card reader access. or call 734-615-8030    As a safety measure - temporary employees, students, and volunteers should not be in the building after hours without a staff member present.  Please discuss any special circumstances or deviations from this policy with Beth Theros.
  • Power outages, loss of water, phones, gas leak
  • Incident Management Report in a PDF form

Human Subject Incentive payments
Emergency procedures for subjects
Away forms for travel
Off-campus meetings


  • Contact Beth Theros at or 615-8030, with the following information and she will submit an ARWEB ticket:
  • name
  • unique name
  • employee ID number
  • date of birth
  • an "end date" for their access (if they have a limited appointment)
  • indicate if they are male or female
  • MiChart access will be in a "read only" format for temps and volunteers
  • Further training and instructions may be required by MCIT and Compliance before access is granted.